You Have Rights As A Patient Or Client

If you have been harmed, whether physically or financially, through the incorrect action of a professional such as a health care provider, engineer, lawyer or accountant, you have the right to file a lawsuit. However, it is crucial that you get the help of a lawyer who has experience in these types of cases.

Not every lawyer takes professional malpractice cases, as they can be complicated. My name is John J. Allan. I have been practicing for over four decades and have extensive experience in malpractice law. Allan Law Group is dedicated exclusively to malpractice law.

Recognizing Professional Malpractice

As an experienced malpractice attorney, I can offer some clarity around what actions can be construed as malpractice. Most professionals whose job requires a certification have a designated standard of care that they must meet when performing their job. This can include:

  • Care for patients or clients. This is most evident with doctors and lawyers. If doctor or lawyers wrong their clients, such as stealing from them, or fail to provide a basic standard of care, such as failing to notice a serious medical condition, they may be guilty of professional malpractice.
  • Care for their job. If a professional fails to perform his or her job in such a way that someone is hurt, it can result in a malpractice case. One example of this would be if a civil engineer designs a road that has too severe of a turn, and a car goes off the road.

No matter your own background, it can be intimidating to consider bringing a case against someone like a doctor or lawyer. You might assume that he or she was right and you do not have a claim, or you may feel that you do not have enough money to bring a case.

However, malpractice law exists because you are protected in these situations. I can help you explore your options and see if you can receive compensation or otherwise make the situation right.

Get My Opinion, For Free

I offer free consultations, so you can easily find out whether you may have a case. Call my St. Louis office at 314-626-5745 or send me a message through my online contact form.